The above Granite top sets off this wonderful space as a show stopper.
Consider thoughtfully the many qualities of Granite vs Quartz counter tops before you purchase.
When purchasing Granite counter tops consider not only the beauty but also the draw backs.
- Granite has no warranty.
- It can crack and chip. Technicians are aware of that and so they fill the holes with an epoxy.
- It is a porous product and the lighter colors will show water spots until they dry.
- Sealants help but not entirely as one client found out much to her dismay.
Consider also Quartz
- Quartz is twice as strong as Granite
- Does not need to be sealed.
- There are now hundreds of color offerings and patterns in Quartz.
That said, no one can duplicate nature.